Frank Myers Heating Services - Frank Myers Heating, shoddy business
Frank showed up at my home after I waited two weeks for the service that his receptionist swore he was proficient in servicing a Canadian made Insta-Flame gas fireplace. After tinkering for about one hour with the unit, going out to his van for a smoke, he said the parts that needed replacing were obsolete because of the age of my fireplace. For $3000.00 he would take it off my hands and replace it. He decided he would also remove and take away an old hot water chimney from my roof. His receptionist was supposed to send me a picture of the new replacement fireplace. I waited 10 days without any heat in my house before calling them to ask where the email was! I was told he would call me that night.
I called Firefly Gas service when Frank didn't call. Firefly was at my house the next day, he replaced the parts and charged me under $400. By the way all parts are still being manufactured by Insta-Flame.
When I called the company back, I was told there was no deception and Frank would call that evening. I have not heard back yet. I wasted two weeks and $126.00 on this shoddy Fraser Valley business. In front of my picture of the now working fireplace are the replaced readily available parts!
I was left disappointed and cold by this company.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Tried to take a working fireplace and replace it with a new one for $3000.00 and steal my old one and a chimney.
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Fireplace Replacement
- Review category
- Household Services
You May Also Like
- "We followed the manufacter instruction last year when we applied deck over to our old deck. The deck looked beautiful. After this passed winter and the beginning of summer the..."
- "On December 4, 2014, we signed a purchase order with 50 Floor to remove existing hardwood floors and carpet in our home and to install new hardwood based on the..."
- "I had Morning Star Bamboo installed by a HSS (Home Service Store) recommended installer, and paid for it by a loan facilitated by LL. I signed a contract that..."
- "Shady add on the internet, saying free trial just pay for shipping. Then they start charging after so called 14 days. They were closed on Sunday and last trial day was..."
- "This product is ridiculously poorly done. The quotes are wrong, the spelling of the names is wrong, some of the things do not even make sense! What a rip off!..."
- "I placed an order to tummy filler with Zomato using their smartphone app (order no. 9808959) on 23 October 2016, at 4;27 pm. The order (food garlic bread andsalad wrap..."
- "Very disappointed in this builder. Sold my Maronda Homes built house, purchased this house in July and I immediately began breaking out in hives all over my body. I have..."
- "I had been purchasing a Redmi Note 3 from ezbuy Malaysia (65daigou); placing the order on 3rd Aug 2016 and receive the phone on 13rd Aug 2016. Upon the reception..."